Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Black Label Society


Zakk Wylde is an amazing guitarist. Black Label Society played here a while back and the show was brutal. Before the show I was hanging out backstage with the opening act, when Zakk came walking up the stairs, looked at me and in a gravely voice said, "What's up brother?". He walked right to the stage, grabbed a guitar, and just ripped!!! Got to love his Indian headpiece. I met up with his partner in crime (WHO NEVER THROWS HIS GUITAR PICKS TO THE AUDIENCE) Nick Catanese. He also is great guitarist. He's waaaaay underrated and can keep up with Zakk no problemo. He came off stage during Zakk's solo and we started chatting away. Right before he went back onstage, he handed me his elusive custom Dunlop Ultex pick!!! Here's a vid I shot at the shows opening.






No comments:

Post a Comment